Stage 1: Registration for DAT (Design Aptitude Test)
- • Online Payment through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card
Step 1: Register for DAT
Step 2: An automated verification link will be sent to your registered email ID. Activate your account by clicking the link.
Step 3: Provide the required details in the application form.
Step 4: Upload the passport size photograph, accept the declaration and submit the online application form.
Step 5: Proceed to payment option and pay Rs 3000 for Indian applicants and and Rs 4500 for NRI, PIO, CIO and Foreign Nationals
Step 6: On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, Admit card will be generated and sent to candidates registered email id.
Candidates can also download the Admit Card by login to his/ her profile on DAT portal.
Note : Applications are invited through online mode only
Stage 2: Design Aptitude Test (DAT)
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will be conducted on 4th April 2021 between 9 AM to 12 PM at various test centres across India. (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Indore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune)
- The DAT committee reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centres.
- MIT DAT (Design Aptitude Test) is a combination of online & pen-paper questions taken at assigned centres across India.
- DAT written exam is based on the following parameters. The weightage of each parameter is subject to change as per the discretion of the paper setting committee.
- Format of DAT Examination :
- MIT Institute of Design Pune and Avantika University Ujjain & MIT University Shillong will have their separate merit list of shortlisted candidates.
• Analytical questions based on scientific understanding (PCM).
• Logical Thinking skills
• Communication Skills – verbal & nonverbal abilities of expression.
• Personality Trends – test of individual stand point.
Objective Exam - Computer Based Test
Questions would be appearing on the computer screen on a random basis with options shuffled for each candidate.
Candidates to respond on the computer screen.
Descriptive Exam – Computer Based Test
The subjective question will appear in a different section on the computer screen.
A text box will be enabled for each candidate to write their responses on the computer.
Drawing Exam – Offline Test
The drawing question will appear in a different section on the computer screen.
Candidates will be provided A4 size drawing sheets for this section
Candidates need to draw using Pens / Pencils / Colours on the sheets provided.
These answer sheets will be collected, scanned and uploaded for evaluation at the test centre.
Based on scores obtained from MIT DAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for studio test and personal interview.
Stage 3: Studio Test and Interview
- The studio tests followed by personal interviews will be conducted separately by MIT Institute of Design Pune, Avantika University Ujjain & MIT University Shillong.
- The list of shortlisted candidates for the Studio test and Personal Interview will be announced on the respective websites of MIT ID Pune, Avantika University Ujjain & MIT University Shillong.
- All those candidates called for the studio test and personal interview are required to attend the studio tests and interview, which completes the process of selection.
- The Admission Committee decides the procedures, grades and weightage every year.
- Studio Test will include on the spot problem-solving questions & involves dexterity skills of a candidate.
- Personal interview : Candidate appears before a panel of design faculty with his work/portfolio.
The norms for the selection are the sole prerogative of the Admission Committee and the decision of the Admission Committee and the Management in any of the matters concerning the admission process and selection will be final. Any direct or indirect attempt to influence the admission committee or its members, academic office bearers or management will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate(s).