- Downloading of test launcher application & checking system requirement : 2nd April 2021
- Mock Test : 6th April 2021
- MIT DAT (Main test) for B.Des program: 13th April 2021
- MIT DAT (Main test) for B.Des Fashion : 14th April 2021
- MIT DAT (Main test) for all M.Des Programs : 14th April 2021
Phase 1: MIT eDAT: (Date: 13th & 14th April 2021)
- This will be the qualifying test for the second round.
- The candidate will appear for this test from his/her own residence or place of stay. They are not supposed to assemble at any location in group for giving this test.
- The test will be of 1hr.30minutes duration which will have multiple choice questions.
- The questions in the MIT eDAT will be based on criteria which will assess students Design Inclination, Analytical & Logical Thinking, Communication skills & Personality trends.
- It is a proctored test. The system conducting the test will have anti-malpractice surveillance and defaulters will be debarred from the entire admission process.
- Jumbled question sets along with jumbled question sequence will be followed in order to avoid the malpractices at the time of the test.
- In order to get used to the system and ensure the right configuration, a mock test will be conducted on 6th April before the main test
- Students should ensure that they use the same laptop/Desktop for main test which they have used during the technical check & mock test
- Use a machine (Laptop/Desktop) that has Webcam available and working
- Working Webcam is mandatory
- Good internet connection without interruption (minimum 5Mbps per candidate)
- Minimum 4 GB RAM is required
- Windows 7 (with latest service pack installed)
- Windows 10
- Ubuntu 14
- Ubuntu 16
- MAC OS - Not supported.
- Android - Not supported
- Windows 10 - Google Chrome - All versions.
- Windows 10 - Internet Explorer - All versions.
- Windows 10 - Firefox - Not supported
- Windows 7 - Google Chrome - All versions.
- Windows 7 - Internet Explorer - All versions.
- Windows 7 - Firefox - Version 46 to 56.
- Ubuntu - All versions.
MAC OS - Not supported.
Revised Admission Process for B.Des. and M.Des. for the academic year 2021 for MIT Institute of Design (MITID), Pune, Avantika University Ujjain & MIT University Shillong
Due to the present outbreak of Covid19 and taking into consideration the safety of students; we have decided to conduct the MIT DAT 2021 in online proctored mode.
The MIT eDAT in online proctored mode will be applicable for admissions at MIT Institute of Design MITID Pune, Avantika University Ujjain and MIT University Shillong.
The candidate will appear for the MIT eDAT on the scheduled date as mentioned below from his/her own residence or place of stay.
The students are not supposed to assemble at any location in group for giving this test.
The candidates will require laptop / Desktop with integrated camera / webcam & Windows 10 operating system to appear for the MIT eDAT.
The detail guidelines, schedule, time slot & other technical details about the MIT eDAT will be sent to you through email. Please check all those mails and follow timelines accordingly.
The admit card will be available for download on www.dat.net.in from 1st April 2021.
Operating System (OS)
Process to appear for MIT eDAT
- The link for downloading the launcher will send to you on the email id registered with us.
- The candidates must download the launcher for their respective OS and take the Assessment. The application for Windows 7 and 10 is the same and is different for Ubuntu 14 and Ubuntu 16.
- Kindly Note the test launcher does not support on MAC OS
- You will have to register for the test (Details will be communicated separately along with the link to download the launcher)
- Take the mock test on 6th April 2021 to check whether your system supports the test and also get a feel so that you will be familiar with the user interface.
- Go for the test on scheduled date & scheduled slot.
The shortlisting of candidates for MITID for second round will be done as per the reservation norms of Maharashtra Government which are already published on our admission website.
The shortlisting of candidates for Avantika University for second round will be done as per the norms of university & directives of Government of Madhya Pradesh.
The shortlisting of candidates for MIT University Shillong for second round will be done as per the norms of university & directives of Government of Meghalaya.
Result of MIT DAT will be declared on 19th April 2021
Phase 2: Studio Test and Personal Interview
The studio tests followed by personal interviews will be conducted separately by MIT Institute of Design Pune, Avantika University Ujjain & MIT University Shillong.
The list of shortlisted candidates for the Studio test and Personal Interview will be announced on the respective websites of MIT ID Pune, Avantika University Ujjain & MIT University Shillong.
All those candidates called for the studio test and personal interview are required to attend the studio tests and interview at the respective campus, which completes the process of selection.
The schedule of studio test & Personal Interview will be declared later by respective University on their official website.
Studio Test will include on the spot problem-solving questions & involves dexterity skills of a candidate.
Personal interview : Candidate appears before a panel of design faculty with his work/portfolio.
The Admission Committee decides the procedures, grades and weightage every year. The norms for the selection are the sole prerogative of the Admission Committee and the decision of the Admission Committee and the Management in any of the matters concerning the admission process and selection will be final. Any direct or indirect attempt to influence the admission committee or its members, academic office bearers or management will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate(s).
In case of any query please feel free to call the admission cell.
MIT Institute of Design
"Rajbaug", Loni –Kalbhor,
Next to Hadapsar,
Pune Solapur Highway,
Phone No: 9209 800 600
Write to us at: admissions[at]mitid.edu.in