Stage 1: Registration for MIT DAT (Design Aptitude Test)
Step 1: Register for DAT
Step 2: An automated verification link will be sent to your registered email ID. Activate your account by clicking the link.
Step 3: Provide the required details in the application form.
Step 4: Upload the passport size photograph, accept the declaration and submit the online application form.
Step 5: Proceed to payment option and pay Rs 3000 for Indian applicants and and Rs 4500 for NRI, PIO, CIO and Foreign Nationals, Online through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card
Step 6: On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, Admit card will be generated by 02nd or 03rd week of March and Candidates can download the Admit Card by login to his/ her profile on MIT DAT portal.
*Note : Applications are invited through online mode only
Stage 2: MIT Design Aptitude Test (MIT DAT)
- MIT DAT (MIT Design Aptitude Test) 2023, is conducted jointly for admissions of B.Des & M.Des programs at MIT Institute of Design (MIT ID) Pune, MITID Indore (Avantika University) Indore & MITID Shillong (MIT University Shillong).
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT) will be conducted on 2nd April 2023 (tentative) between 9 AM to 12 PM at various test centres across India. (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Indore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Goa, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune)
- The MIT DAT committee reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centres.
- Based on scores obtained from MIT DAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for studio test and personal interview.
- MIT Institute of Design Pune, Avantika University Indore & MIT University Shillong will have their separate merit list of shortlisted candidates.
Stage 3: Studio Test and Interview
- The studio tests followed by personal interviews will be conducted separately by MIT Institute of Design Pune, Avantika University Indore & MIT University Shillong.
- The list of shortlisted candidates for the Studio test and Personal Interview will be announced on the respective websites of MIT ID Pune, Avantika University Indore & MIT University Shillong.
- All those candidates called for the studio test and personal interview are required to attend the studio tests and interview at respective campuses, which completes the process of selection.
- The Admission Committee decides the procedures, grades and weightage every year.
- The norms for the selection are the sole prerogative of the Admission Committee and the decision of the Admission Committee and the Management in any of the matters concerning the admission process and selection will be final. Any direct or indirect attempt to influence the admission committee or its members, academic office bearers or management will lead to the automatic disqualification of the candidate(s).