MIT Institute of Design, Pune and Avantika University, Ujjain very carefully designs the centre level tests, the materials tests, and the personal interviews to ensure that candidates who have the best potential to become designers are given a preference for admission into our world class educational programs. Candidates who have the following abilities will be given preference for admission into the professional courses on offer at MIT Institute of Design, Pune and Avantika University, Ujjain.
- Sharp ability to analyse things, situations, contexts and to map the situation
- Sharp ability to identify the constituent elements of a given thing or a situation and an overall assessment of the same (internalisation)
- Sharp ability to synthesise, i.e., having an ability to interpret, plan and evolve directions or strategies to address any given situation or set of issues (attitude towards problem solving)
- Ability to keenly observe any given thing or situation (keenness of perception). This goes beyond just "looking" at a thing rather than more of "seeing"
- Ability to relevantly classify and categorise information which is being rolled out and thereby to find connections, relationships to draw rational inferences("pattern seeking")
- Ability to "learn" as opposed to bookish knowledge. Capacity for learnability by being mentally agile and flexible (learning to learn)
- From the above, capacity to generate knowledge and its application
- Ability to handle different materials and media which may or may not be familiar
- Ability to emphatise - being sensitive towards feelings, needs and emotions of others and to have an ability to relate oneself with others in various contexts, specific situations, events etc.
- Having unbounded curiosity towards things, people, situations etc,. A sense of wonderment, having a constant urge to ask questions and an urge to find out the what's, whys, how's, when's about the world and beyond.
- Being individualistic i.e., having independent viewpoints and convictions (as opposed to stubbornness)
- Being very much aware about what is going on in the world and beyond and having a "worldview"
- Good ability to communicate - both verbal communication and non-verbal communication(may be through drawing, sketching and other media)
- Ability to function or work as a good team member
- Having an ability to be tenacious - not "giving up" easily
- Attitude towards neatness, precision and production of quality work
Phase 1 - Design Aptitude Test(DAT)
Phase 2 - Studio Test and Personal Interview
1. You are expected to reach the university campus on the specified date and time.
2. You should carry your ID proof, hall ticket, and a copy of the DAT result.
3. Please make sure to carry the following while coming to the campus:
MAEER's MIT Institute of Design "Rajbaug", Loni - Kalbhor, Next to Hadapsar, Pune Solapur Highway, Pune - 412 201. India
Avantika University, Vishwanathpuram, Lekoda Village, Ujjain - 456 006, MP, India.
By Rail: Direct connectivity with Pune, from all the major cities of India.
By Bus: Direct travel route from various prominent cities.
Distance from Railway Station and Bus Station - Pune: 18 km (11 miles) to the campus, Indore: 50 km (31 miles) to the campus.
By Rail: Direct connectivity with Delhi, Mumbai, and all the major cities of India.
By Bus: Direct travel route for Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, and various other cities.
Distance from Railway Station and Bus Station - Ujjain: 7 km (4 miles) to the campus, Indore: 50 km (31 miles) to the campus.